PARCC - What Can I Do as a Teacher?
Here are five things teachers can do TODAY to help prepare kids for the PARCC exam. (These came from an institute day in Livingston County and the Testing Coordinators for ROE 17):
1. Begin introducing "more than one right answer" to students when they take a multiple choice test.
2. Use the PARCC writing rubrics for writing assignments, when appropriate.
3. Explicitly talk to students about scrolling and technology tools when teaching at the front of the classrooms.
4. Begin integrating technology into everyday assignments (quizzes, tests, reading and writing to text)
5. Introduce multi-stepped instructions. Give two reading assignments and then a textbox to write an analysis. Give 2 step math instructions. Model this multiple times in front of the classroom so they get use to all those words on a page!
Here's one thing every teacher can do to help reduce their stress:
1. Take 30 minutes of a prep period to follow this Online Learning Module